- I truly believe that life is a school and that we all have something valuable to learn from it as well as the people we encounter along our journey. Life offers us various lessons through our experiences and the mistakes and observations we make and will keep repeating those lessons until we have fully grasped them, benefited from them and are ready to move on to the next stage.
- Never underestimate or dismiss others with the thought that they don’t have anything valuable to offer or to contribute from which you can benefit or learn from. I believe the people we drew into our lives are there to serve a purpose and that we are different and have varying personalities, abilities, talents and insights for that very reason; learn to be open-minded and embrace what others have to offer you.
- We are all on separate journeys and have different assignments and lessons to learn that serve a purpose in our lives, and are instrumental in our growth as individuals. It is futile to compare your life to that of others, try to be like others or get caught up with other people’s lives as you really don’t know their story or what their journey is about. We can experience more happiness by making peace with the fact that who we are is who we were created to be and that our life has purpose even if we aren’t certain what that purpose is.
- Your self-worth isn’t defined by your job, bank account or the kind of house you live in or the type of car you drive. How you perceive yourself will determine how others see and treat you. We do ourselves a great disservice when we focus our attention on seeking other people’s validation and approval and allowing how they perceive us to influence how we define ourselves.
- Embrace the face that you are unique and weren’t born to fit in but to stand out on your own accord. Be an independent thinker, dance to the beat of your own drum and don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in even if no one else supports your beliefs. It doesn’t matter how the rest of the world sees you; what matters is how you see yourself. If you are okay with being who you are; the world has no choice but to be okay with you as well.
- Living in the past will hinder you from moving forward in life, rob you of wonderful opportunities and stunt some of your progress along the way if you allow it to. The past is gone; don’t waste your time and energy rehashing it or ruing over it. What once was is no more, and opportunities to do things anew or differently abound and should be taken advantage of if you wish to create a better future for yourself. Avoid beating yourself up and learn how to forgive yourself for past mistakes
- The day you recognize your worth and realize all the potential that lies within you, is the day that you finally start living your life fearlessly and pursuing your dreams with gusto. There really comes a day when you realize that you have been selling yourself short, have accepted less than you deserve and are worth much more than you have allowed yourself to receive.